I first started doing yoga to improve my running. I figured that it would be a good way to work on my flexibility, breathing and my forever tight hamstrings. Yoga also offers many other benefits including improved balance, conditioning, coordination, and mind-body awareness.
I’m often asked what my favorite yoga poses are for runners. I’ve put together a series of posts that address this topic.
- Yoga Poses for Runners – Part 1
- Yoga Poses for Runners – Part 2
- Yoga Poses for Runners – Part 3
- Yoga Poses for Runners – Part 4
- 5 Reasons Why Runner Should Do Yoga
- Recovery Yoga for Runners
Disclaimer: I am a certified yoga instructor but I am not your yoga instructor. Please exercise caution and be mindful of your own body. These views are mine alone, based on my own experiences. Please use props such as blankets, a yoga block (or 2!) and/or a yoga strap as needed. Always consult a certified yoga instructor for additional guidance and assistance.