As a mother of two boys, I have come to accept certain things in my life.
- I accept that I will find rocks at the bottom of my washing machine that the boys have left in their pockets from their adventures collecting rocks.
- I accept that I will know the names of every single car from the movies Cars and Cars 2 .
- I accept that my boys will run around the house naked.
- I accept that my boys will spin around and around and around and around and around for no reason and proceed to crash into walls and think that it’s hilarious.
- I accept that my boys will wear holes into the knees of their pants about every two weeks.
- I accept that my boys will never dress like Kingston or Zuma Rossdale and that they will prefer to wear sweatpants when given the option.
- I accept that my house will always be some form of an airport. Currently, we have JFK, LaGuardia, LAX, Atlanta and Honolulu airports scattered around our apartment.
- I accept that as a result of said airports and cityscapes mentioned above that I will be forced to practice yoga in the hallway as that is the only free floor space in the apartment.
- I accept that because of my boys, I will continue to have a daily inversion practice since that seems to be one of the few ways of grounding myself amidst all the craziness in the house.
- I accept that Legos will take over my house.
- I accept that there will be Lego pieces all.over.the.house.forever.
- I accept (and lovingly accept) that I will receive the biggest, smushiest bear hugs – hopefully for many years to come.
What are some things that you’ve come to accept?
More Ways to Follow Love, Life, Surf