It’s near the end of March, almost Spring Break, and we’ve just been walloped with more snow / sleet / rain / icy mix earlier this week. While it’s melted away, the cold has lingered. To say it’s been long winter is an understatement. I think that I’ve been sufficiently chilled to the bone.
My kids feel it too. Every day, on the walk to school, they announce to the world, “That groundhog is full of baloney!” Everett sometimes sounds a bit more desperate, asking “Where is Spriiiiiiiiing??”
So we’ve been daydreaming about adventures. We’re ready to break out of our house, be silly and have fun together – things like pirate parties where we eat sloppy food with no utensils. Or messy art projects like sliding down a paint-coated slide and landing on a piece of paper or jumping into tanks of confetti or making human spin art by spinning on a tire swing. Or baking mud pies and tortillas.
However, we all agreed that it would be best to jump in the car and take a trip to the beach to feel the sand between our toes and the sunshine on our backs and to have an epic playdate. My kids love playing at the beach. Our epic playdate would consist of jumping the waves, boogie boarding and learning to surf. It would end with a beach campfire, homemade s’mores and dancing. OK, there might be some wrestling involved. My kids are boys after all.
I know that we need this time together away from our daily grind – to get out, to do and see things.
I’m ready to make a playdate with my family, are you?
Hyundai is hosting an Epic Playdate weekend in Santa Barbara, CA on April 27 and YOU could win a trip for four to attend! It’s a day full of fun activities for the whole family like paint fights, kids’ photography classes, building rockets, hula-hooping, ice cream sundaes and s’more making, and more. Some pretty cool bloggers (think Dooce, Oh Happy Day, Oh Joy, Say Yes To Hoboken, Girls Gone Child, and How To Be A Dad) will be camping out on the beach and hosting workshops <– I know! Cool, right?
Here’s how you enter:
- Visit Hyundai’s Epic Playdate Weekend to register including your Pinterest name. You MUST have a Pinterest account to enter. Visit the contest page for full details.
- IMPORTANT! When asked “How did you hear about us?” please choose Clever Girls Collective!
- Pin your favorite photo from the Hyundai Santa Fe Pinterest Board to your own “Hyundai’s Epic Playdate Weekend” board along with 4 or more photos to show what your epic playdate would look like.
- Contest closes on March 27, 2013.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States + D.C. 21 years or older who have children between the ages of 3 and 18 years old at the time of entry.
What are you waiting for? Go enter. You can check out my board here.
What would be your epic playdate?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
More Ways to Follow Love, Life, Surf