Can I tell you something? Traveling is exhausing! Or maybe I’m just getting older and it’s not as easy to adapt to little things like changes in time zones? In any case, it’s been fun to see my family and I’ve been taking my own advice on how to stay active while traveling.
My mom’s apartment has an amazing gym which makes it a pleasure to workout. But, I’ve been stuck in a conference room the past two days and living out of a hotel. My body has been aching to move.
I put together this 20 minute workout to do in my hotel room. It’s a tabata workout that doesn’t require any equipment. It consists of 5 moves and the total workout is 20 minutes. I did it Wednesday morning and it kicked my butt.
Here’s what you do:
1) Perform each exercise for 20 seconds.
2) Rest 10 seconds.
3) Repeat the exercise again 7 more times for a total of 8 rounds.
4) Move on to the next exercise.
5) Complete 8 rounds of the exercise until you complete all 5 exercises.
For single-side moves, such as the Bulgarian Split Squat and the Plank with Reach Under, alternate sides with each round i.e. do the exercise on the left side for the first round and do the exercise on the right side for the second round.
Here are some descriptions and/or demonstrations of each of the moves:
- Bulgarian Split Squats: You can use the desk chair in your hotel room.
- Mountain Climbers
- Squat Kicks: Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Squat down and as you rise back up, shift your weight into your left foot and kick your right foot out to the right. Squat again and this time, as you rise up, shift your weight to your right foot and kick your left foot out to the left. Repeat.
- High Knees
- Side plank with Reach Under
You know what would be great with this workout? The MizFitOnline skort. These skorts are adorable and I love the empowering words sprinkled across.
ALL proceeds from the sale of this skort goes to support Mayan Charities – an nonprofit organization that provides opportunities and assistance to the indigenous and impoverished people of Guatemala, through education and community development programs. It’s an issue that is personally important to MizFit. It’s also an issue and area of the world that I care about.
You can click on the link on the right side of my blog to go check out the skort.
It is NOT an affiliate link.
More Ways to Follow Love, Life, Surf