I’m so happy that spring has arrived in New York City. I mean, everyone seems to be happier in the city. It means more sunshine, longer days, blooming flowers, and outdoor runs. It also means that I can resume drinking green smoothies without freezing!
A couple of years ago, I did a 30-day green smoothie challenge and was hooked. It was an easy way for me to get some extra vegetables into my diet and other nutritious goodies like flaxseeds.
Recently, this has been my go-to green smoothie – Ginger Green Smoothie.
Ginger is such a great ingredient that can be used in many ways and offers a number of benefits including:
- Aids in digestion and combats stomach aches and discomfort
- Alleviates symptoms of motion sickness and nausea
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves your immune system and helps fight colds and sickness
Ginger Green Smoothie Recipe
- 12 oz. coconut water
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger – sliced or crushed
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (I use GNC’s vanilla egg protein.)
I tend to experiment a lot when I make smoothies so use this as a guideline and adjust to your own taste. You can add more or less ginger depending on how spicy you like your smoothie. You could swap the fruit or vegetable. I liked the flavor of pineapple and ginger together. It is light and refreshing.
What’s your favorite green smoothie?
Check out these posts too!
More Ways to Follow Love, Life, Surf