|Homemade Get Well cards from the boys – my offline reading for the week.|
Since coming home on Monday, I’ve been pretty much confined to my bed and the couch with a bit of hopping around on crutches in between. To be honest, my ass hurts from sitting and lying around so much over the past couple of days. After sleeping the better part of Monday and Tuesday, OK and Wednesday, I’m starting to feel more like myself and the pain in my knee has subsided substantially. Thank the Lord.
All the lying around has left me with a lot of time to read. For once, I feel like I actually have a handle on my Google Reader and that it’s not exploding in all directions. Since my life hasn’t exactly been bells and whistles, I wanted to share some of the amazing articles and blog posts that I’ve read this week, much in the vein of weekly round-ups by Kristin at What She Said, Ginger at Ramble Ramble, Katy at Katy Widrick, and Christine and Caitlin at Oatmeal in my Bowl which I love to read.
- I haven’t been reading Cat’s blog as regularly as I would like but was gifted with amazing posts this week. She wrote about a lesson she learned from her son who, when asked what his favorite body part was, answered his wee-wee – just like any 4-year old boy would. The lesson was about learning to love your body for what it’s capable of versus just what it looks like. She also wrote beautifully about the need to “Surround yourself with awesome people, and be awesome to others. Nice follows nice, good follows good, awesome follows wine.” The last line is definitely true.
- Callie at The Wannabe Athlete wrote a beautiful post in response to the Trayvon Martin case. Callie is “white attorney, the wife of a black man, and mother of a son the world considers black” and writes about how our souls are all the same.
- Carla at MizFitOnline confesses how exercise isn’t her passion but how it fuels her life and her true passion.
- My heart hurt when I read this post by Missy at Literal Mom about Fitting in.
- Whitney at Live, Run, Love, Yoga wrote about the need to slow down. As a competitive, overachieving, perfectionist, this post really hit home with me.
- For those of you looking for a bit of fitness inspiration, Lindsay at the Lean Green Bean has put together a compilation of all-time favorite workouts. Seriously, this is an amazing resource.
- Speaking of crazy feats of strength, The Hunger Games has been all the rage. I loved the books and went to see the movie on opening weekend and really liked it. Jacki at MomJovi wrote the best review of the Hunger Games movie I’ve read. I completely agree on all counts.
- Finally, this post by Tracy at Sellabit Mum made me stand up (if I could) and clap my hands. I love these New Egg Hunt Rules for 2012 and I love Tracy and her blog.
That’s a long list! Sorry but I’ve been doing a lot of reading.