I’m sick. I thought that I was turning the corner and starting to feel better. No. That was just a tease. As much as I’ve tried to deny it, I’m sick. Headaches, fatigue, coughing…yup. Sick. So I was moping around yesterday when I read Angela’s post over at Happy Fit Mama. And then I read Lindsay’s post over at Cotter Crunch and I started feeling happier.
There are so many things to be grateful and thankful for. I do believe that if you think about and say what makes you happy, you will start to feel a little happier.
Here’s my list of what makes me happy right now, in no particular order:
- All the amazing comments you left on my post yesterday. I’m trying not to turn and run the other direction but to stop, pause and say THANK YOU.
- October baseball and that the Yankees are in the postseason. (Sorry, I’m watching baseball as I write this.)
- Unexpected, full body hugs from Everett.
- Unexpected notes and messages for me left by Jasper all over the house and, apparently, on the beach too. I thought that the parent was supposed to do this.
- Overhearing my boys having conversations with each other.
- Overnight oats <– Why have I only recently discovered these?
- Everett’s squishy cheeks
- Crisp autumn mornings
- Green smoothies
- Ice coffee – No, I’m not ready to give them up yet.
- Holding hands while walking to school
- Being greeted by a big hug and smile at the end of the school day
- Bright colored jeans
- Sparkly arm candy
- Listening to the Head and the Heart
- Reading books that Jasper has written
- Sleep – just wish that I could get a wee bit more!
What about you? What is on your happiness list?