I have to admit. It’s really easy for me to get into a rut with eating and cooking. With a busy schedule and household, we tend to fall back onto the same 4-5 lunch and 4-5 dinner options and rotate through these. Not so exciting, right? That’s why I love the idea behind Foodie Pen Pals. You get paired up with someone who sends you a package of delicious goodies (within a $15 spending limit). It’s a great way to try new things.
This month, I was paired with Janna from Try It You Might Like It. I swear, Janna was the best Foodie Pen Pal ever. When I opened the package, I was so touched by the attention and care that she put into the package. I know that pen pals are supposed to ask their match what they like and don’t like and about any food allergies but Janna went beyond that, reading my blog and checking out my Pinterest boards to see what I liked. And then filled my package with exactly those things and included a handwritten note explaining why she chose each item (plus a yummy recipe).
Want to know what she included?
Quinoa flour and shredded coconut because she saw that I love quinoa and have been experimenting more with coconut…
And dark chocolate mints from Trader Joe’s because, well, I mentioned a love of mint chocolate chip ice cream.
She also include some snacks for my kids which was super sweet.
But the best part was this batch of amazing Maple Sugar Cookies that Janna made. She claimed that they were an experiment but I thought they were great. I hate when cookies are super sweet and these just had a touch of sweetness from maple syrup. I may have hidden these from my husband and kids. I cannot confirm or deny anything. Janna recently posted the Maple Sugar Cookie recipe on her blog.
Wanna join Foodie Pen Pals? Here’s an explanation of the program:
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
Check out all the details about the Foodie Pen Pals program.
Thank you so much Janna!!
Have you tried anything new lately?